Everywhere you go, you hear about the importance of exercise. Advertisements come in the mail, magazines have articles on the subject, websites and even billboards. They emphasize the importance of regular exercise. People fill up sports centres and gyms where they work hard at exercising. Yes, it is hard work, but there is a reason for their efforts and they are accomplishing some important things. Here are the main reasons why people exercise everyday.
1. Exercise helps control weight. Exercise burns calories. We quickly accumulate extra fat when we eat too much. You must eat 3500 extra calories to add one pound to your current weight. Add some extra fast food, potato chips, ice cream or candy bars to your diet and you will put on weight very quickly. This can only be solved by eating less and exercising to burn the extra calories. You can lose weight and be healthier by adding even small amounts of exercise to your schedule each day.
2. Exercise gives you more energy. Through regular physical exercise, you can improve the tone of your muscles and also increase your endurance. Your entire body will work better, as oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the brain and tissues. Your energy and endurance will then increase. Also, once you have exercised, it's a good idea to use support for your chairs so you can keep your body in shape throughout the day.
3. Exercise helps you fight against sickness and disease. Good cholesterol is increased through activity while the unhealthy cholesterol is decreased. You will cut down on the risk for heart disease because your blood will flow more freely. You can also help prevent diabetes, depression, strokes and other ailments by exercising regularly.
4. Exercise improves your mood. A workout or walk may be the answer to giving your some relief if you are feeling stressed. The chemicals in your brain that help you feel relaxed and content are increased with physical activity. Exercise helps you to feel better about yourself, which boosts your confidence and gives you greater self-esteem.
5. Exercise helps you fight insomnia. You will fall asleep faster and the quality of your sleep will improve when you have exercised during the day. It's not a good idea to exercise at night, but by exercising in the daytime, you will rest better at night.
Exercise does not need to be boring or stressful. You can enjoy your exercise time if you can find something fun to do. Either at the gym or outdoors, exercise is a great way to spend time with your family. It's awesome to be able to burn calories while playing with those you love. The body is not structured to sit all day, but is built to be moving. Regular exercise can help keep your body healthy, especially when one considers the poor diets that we often eat. You can be a happier, healthier person who feels great by just exerting a little extra effort!