3 Powerful Skipping Rope Exercises

If you're like the rest of the clan, skipping is probably not a big part of your workout routine. I'm not here to ask you why this is the case; I'm here to show you why you're missing out on a powerful form of training. The benefits of skipping rope are simply too immense to, well, skip out on.

Jumping rope requires some serious concentration. It takes timing and rhythm. Then there's the need for balance and coordination. It takes serious focus. But more so than anything, skipping requires a good deal of cardiovascular endurance.

If these are things that you are lacking on, it might be time to pick up a rope.

Jumping rope has always been a huge part of my training routine and I've been doing it for a long time. The one thing I've noticed over the years is that the repetitive nature of jumping rope tends to make things a little boring and stagnant. I'm sure some of you have experienced the same thing.

My solution to this? Include some variation.

There are many of jump rope variations you can take advantage of to charge up your cardio workouts. Variations can be in the timing or the pace. It can be in the foot patterns or even the hand placement.

Here are three of my favorite skipping rope exercises that you can introduce into your workout today:

Side Swings

Learning how to side swing the rope is important for transitioning from one skipping rope exercise to the next. It's a great exercise for relieving stress from your arms without requiring you to stop skipping. Simply move both hands to one side of your body and let the rope follow.

Double Jumps

Double jumps require some serious effort. The idea here is for every one jump you make you have to turn the rope twice. You'll really have to push the pace of the rope here to make it go around twice in time. Once you can do this comfortably, you can work towards triple jumps.

Running in One Spot

I always use this variation to end my skipping workouts. I can go full speed and really push the limit. With this variation, aim to get the pace really fast. Running in one spot turns into stutter steps as you push your pace. When your timing, rhythm and fitness improve you won't be able to see the rope move how fast it's going.

I advise you not to miss out on skipping. The results you'll see will blow your mind.

Skipping is a truly powerful form of training. If you want to push yourself further, I've created a more in-depth list of skipping rope exercises you can take advantage of.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...